Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dear Reader Letter

The biggest change in my life was to came the U.S. I came U.S. because I wanted to study about animals. In the future, I want to be a veterinarian and help suffering animals. In the U.S., technology in the animal medical field is better than Japan. So, I am studying science, and I will study biology a lot.

I had learned English in Japan, so I used to write some essays in English. But, English is my second language, so it is really hard to write, read, speak, and listen in English. At first, I started to adapt myself to English. I was afraid to study with Americans who speak English as their first language, but I think I did well in this class.

I'd heard from other students that this class is a good way to improve writing and reading skills, so I took this English 98. It was great. I guess my English is better than before because I did lots of reading and writing in a short time. It was my first time to finish reading a book written in English. Moreover, students in English 98 were very nice; they were kind, and they advised me or talked to me.

One of the hardest things that I did in English 98 was reading books. I wasn't used to read books in English. The two books, Touching the Void and Pursuit of Happyness, made me sleepy when I started to reading them. It was difficult to catch what the books said. But, reading did helped writing an essay in English. I learned new words, how to make strong expressions, and writing coherently. Although my English is still wordy and difficult to understand, I hope that my English skills have progressed.

In my e-portfolio, I have put three major writing assignments and a seminar paper because I took much time to finish these papers.

Thank you for reading my e-portfolio.

1 comment:

Hailie said...

Hey Kaori,
I liked reading your e-portfolio. The colors and layout you chose were nice. Overall great job!