Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Intro to Seminar Paper of Touching the Void

The fourth paper that I have chosen for my e-portfolio is a seminar paper of Touching the Void. Touching the Void was the first book that I read in English 98. After reading it, I wrote the seminar paper. In the paper, I selected the quote that I was interested in and I analyzed three quotes. Although I could have analyzed more, I was able to understand well what the quotes said.
For example "Simon had said nothing about what he would do, and I had been nervous to prompt him. In an instant an uncrossable gap had come between us and we were no longer a team working together.
(analysis)
This passage describes the situation when Joe confessed Simon that Joe’s leg was broken. Simon said to Joe nothing, and it made Joe anxiety. Joe could not say anything because he knew he had to give up his life. By instinct, Joe realized that his life would be end, and expected that their partnership would not continue anymore."

No comments: